RAPE LAW IN PAKISTAN:
Like other countries, the rape law in Pakistan is also very severe. If someone causes adultery in Pakistan or fornication in Pakistan, a criminal complaint can be made against him. As per the definition of zina in Pakistan, the definition says when men have sexual intercourse with a women without her will or consent it is a crime. When the definition starts with the words “When a man” then it’s quite clear that rape charges are made against men only as females cannot rape a male (LOL). The punishment for rape in Pakistan is kept very severe to maintain deterrence in the public. Rape law in Pakistan is discussed in Pakistan penal code 1860 under sections 375 and 376. Previously the Hudood ordinance used to discuss this part of the law but nowadays if any criminal complaint is made; it is registered under section 376 of the Pakistan Penal Code 1860.
ADULTERY IN PAKISTAN:
Adultery in Pakistan as per the rape law in Pakistan is sexual intercourse by a married person with another who is not his spouse. The Zina in Pakistan is differentiated between adultery and fornication in Pakistan. Adultery is a crime by a married person and fornication is a crime by an unmarried person. Punishment for rape in Pakistan for the adulterer and the fornicator is different. To fall within the definition of rape in Pakistan it is mandatory to have sexual intercourse. Anything short of sexual intercourse cannot be termed as zina in Pakistan however other sections of law may be applied. The procedure for punishment for rape in Pakistan is provided in the criminal procedure code of Pakistan. Punishment for the adultery in Pakistan can be given only after the conclusion of the trial in Pakistan.
FORNICATION IN PAKISTAN:
Fornication in Pakistan as per the rape law in Pakistan is sexual intercourse by an unmarried person with the other. Fornication is a type of zina in Pakistan. Adultery in Pakistan is sexual intercourse by a married man whereas fornication is the zina by an unmarried person. Punishment for rape in Pakistan may death or life imprisonment also. For the fornication in Pakistan, the person committing the offense should be unmarried. For details, you may discuss with our advocate in Lahore Pakistan. Punishment of Zina is always after trial. During the trial, the process server in Pakistan also sends summons or warrants to the accused to give him an opportunity for a fair trial.
ZINA IN PAKISTAN:
According to the definition of Zina in Pakistan to constitute an offence the following requirements should be followed.
- There should be sexual intercourse by a male with a female which constitutes rape as per the rape law in Pakistan
- Sexual intercourse should be without the will of the female
- The sexual intercourse should be without the consent of the female
- It also constitutes an offense if the consent of the female is taken by putting her in fear of death or severe hurt
- If the female is below the age of 16 years it will amount to adultery in Pakistan or fornication in Pakistan because a female below 16 years is considered to be a minor and a minor cannot be presumed to give her free will or consent. If anyone commits zina in Pakistan with a minor the punishment for rape in Pakistan will be given to the accused. To register or contest a case of zina you may contact our lawyer in Lahore Pakistan.
PUNISHMENT FOR RAPE IN PAKISTAN:
The punishment for rape in Pakistan as per the rape law in Pakistan is given in the Pakistan penal code section 376. The punishment for zina in Pakistan is as below.
- If rape is done with a female below 16 years the punishment will be either the death penalty or at least 10 years of imprisonment which may extend to 25 years
- If the victim is hurt then the punishment can be the death penalty or life imprisonment
- For gang rape, the punishment is the death penalty or life imprisonment
- If someone rapes a minor or a lunatic the punishment will be the death penalty or life imprisonment.
- If rape is done by a public servant then the punishment will be the death penalty or life imprisonment
In the case of adultery in Pakistan or fornication in Pakistan if anyone discloses the name or reveals the face of the victim if anyone does it he can be sent to jail for 3 years. Media people nowadays do this kind of activity but it is a crime that is required to be stopped. If you can to file or contest a Zina case you may hire our law firm in Lahore.